Wednesday, November 17, 2010

In Memory of Lena Vivian Duncan Pullen "Grandma" - Love you


My mom, grandpa and grandma...such wonderful beautiful people.


Alfred and Lena Pullen.


Grandma and her bike. I loved that bike and the big basket on the back.


50 years of marriage. Amazing couple to follow in the footsteps of.

These are a couple of pics of my Grandma in her younger days. I loved visiting my grandparents. Grandparents are truly special people and I hope to some day be just as wonderful as mine were. My Grandma took care of her and my mom for many years before she met and married my Grandpa. She didn't have the easiest of childhoods and despite all the struggles or because of them she was a remarkable woman. My mother as well was an amazing woman. Both of them are to be admired and looked up to. I know that they are together now and happy to be reunited. I'm sure my mom was there to meet her mother as she passed over. I'm also sure some of her sisters and parents were there too. My mom loved her mom and grandparents. Reunions are special but to see people go is so sad. I miss my mom every day and even though I didn't get to see my grandmother often she was in my thoughts and prayers. I will miss her and hope to be with them all again someday. I know my Grandpa will miss her most but I know that someday they too will be together again. They aren't members of the LDS church but their work will be done so that we can all be together as a family forever. I'm sad I won't be able to attend her funeral but hope she understands and knows how much I wish I could be. I love her and hope she knows that as well. I had the chance to spend a summer with her when I was 16 and I will cherish that time with her forever. It was a great time in Florida lying on the beach and visiting St. Augustine. I to this day love that area of FL. Grandma, I love you and miss you. You were amazing! Thank you for being such a great example to me and my family. Thank you for loving and supporting me. Thank you for being a part of my forever family.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

grandmas are the best...i'm so sorry for your loss...hope you are doing well...love ya!!!