Friday, November 19, 2010
Memories of Grandma
I know I posted earlier about my Grandmother passing away but have since had time to truly think of her and our times together. We didn't live close so we didn't see them often but when we did it was so fun. If we traveled to MO to see them I usually got sick. One time I was so sick she and my mom stuck me into and ice bath to bring my fever down. Awful moment but taught me how to bring fevers down. :) I also loved their house and the fantastic yard. They has woods behind their house with a bridge Uncle Paul had built that we loved to play on. They also had a riding lawn mower that I loved getting rides on. My Grandpa even let me drive it once by myself that I successfully drove into a tree. My Grandma said it was a tree they were wanting to cut down anyways. I'm sure that wasn't true but it helped me feel better and stay out of trouble at the time. I also loved my grandma's tricycle and the rides in the basket my siblings and I would take. I hope to someday, when kids are grown, to sell the house and have an RV to travel around the U.S. in just like my grandparents did. I also remember big KFC picnics and White Castle Burger Eating Contests. I also remember hearing her tell my mom to leave me alone about what I would wear. She said, "if she has it let her flaunt it." Now that I'm a mom of 5 girls I can understand my mother not liking that but as a teenager I loved her for saying it. LOL. Her funeral is tomorrow and I wish I could be there but am so glad my brother, sister and dad can be. I'll love you forever Grandma! Till we meet again...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment