Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Easter...cookies, egg coloring, finding eggs, the Pageant and Fun Memories
Easter this year was busy. While Jen was here we not only celebrated my birthday but we made our Easter Cookies too. That was messy and fun. I love making holiday cookies. I can get grumpy about it but feel very strongly that they are part of the holiday traditions. And now with all my new cookie cutters and the yummy sugar cookie recipe that I have I love making cookies. A week before Easter we color our eggs. I've done it the night before Easter before and the kids go to church dyed so I do it the week before now. I stripped the kids down, although they did pretty good so next year maybe only Kai and Kal will be stripped down. We colored our eggs and had fun doing it. It's funny to see what the kids want to combine for colors. They turned out nice and again another memory making moment. We then went to the Mesa Temple Easter Pageant. Larry wasn't feeling the greatest but he came along with us and it was nice to get out and visit the temple grounds. We got to visit with cast members and the kids got to play in grass. Oh how we miss grass. I love the spirit of the temple. The little ones still remember us going to get sealed which I'm happy for. The Pageant was incredible and not too long. Kait wants to look into being in it next year. I thought Bethlehem in Waxahachie was a commitment but this would be 100 times more of one. She'd love it though. I wanted to make sure we had moments to focus on the true meaning of Easter and this was a perfect one. I look forward to making this an Easter Tradition for our family. The Saturday before, or day before Easter the Easter Bunny arrived. The kids woke to baskets full and eggs to find. It was a fun day. A good day to play and enjoy the fun of the holiday. Sunday was then spent focusing on Christ and why we have Easter. The kids still talk about Jesus being alive and all about the Easter story so I think we made it a successful holiday. I love Easter for the knowledge that we can and will all live again. My Savior lives and loves me. Spring is here and new beginnings are upon us. I love my Family and am so grateful for them. My kids make me laugh and remind me that it's great to have fun with the holidays but it's important to remember the True reason we have them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment