Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 5: A Favorite Memory


This one was hard for me. I don't know that I have a Favorite memory but many memories I love. I can't think of One day or memory that I could or would call my favorite. The times I do think of as my favorite all involve my dad and mom. Some of my favorites are during the summer time. I think that's why it's my favorite time of year. I remember my mom taking us to the pool every day and she would lay out and read a book while we would swim. At pool break she'd get in for 15 min and she'd give us all a quarter maybe 50 cents and we'd get a snow cone or a chico stick. I remember the evenings we'd go back as a family and my dad would come with us. He'd swim w/ us and throw us in the water. I loved the nights he came. I remember camping and going to the lake. Picnics and fun outside for the 4th of July. The ice cream truck coming by and every once in a while we'd get a treat. We'd spend all day and night outside playing with friends, family, swimming, b-b-qing and catching fireflys. I love my summertime memories. I'm so glad my kids have a few of them with my mom and dad. I hope to keep making more.

No comments: