Monday, April 18, 2011

My Trip to MN


My company offered to fly me and a friend from work, Tanya, to MN to see the new office and to decide if we wanted to move there and keep our jobs. We enjoyed MN more than we thought we would but have decided not to move there. The housing is a bit out of our price range. It was 3 days of being able to go someplace new and yet see some old friends too. Tanya and I went to the Mall of America, which we LOVED, and visited some surrounding areas. I got to visit with an Elder from my mission, Matt Vogel, which was fun. He took Tanya and I to a place called Cafe Latte and it had the MOST Amazing desserts. We also ate at a fun place for lunch with my old college roommate from Ricks, Kimberley! Both Matt and Kim I haven't seen in like 15 years! Neither one has really changed at all much to my annoyance. LOL. I'd like to think I'm aging as well but I don't think that's true. It was so great to see them though. MN was beautiful and I'd definitely go visit again someday. It was a nice getaway for me, an early birthday present.

Speaking of birthdays, I had mine. I'm now 36 years old and have decided I look just like my mom. As much as I would have hated that 25 years ago, I'm grateful now. My mom was amazing, too bad I didn't realize that sooner. I am trying very hard to be more like her but it's harder than I thought it would be. I am learning though that if I can't say anything nice I better not say anything at all. There are many things right now that are driving me nuts but I'm going to keep my mouth shut and not say anything. I"m going to do my best to overlook the annoyances and find the good in all situations. So Happy Birthday to me. Thanks Papa and Jen for the cookie cutters and cookbooks. Thanks Larry and Annette for some dark drapes in my bedroom to help me sleep. Thanks to my kids and Larry for the purse and books I got. Overall an interesting birthday. I'm glad my sister was here to celebrate with me. We went to Old Spaghetti Factory and loved every minute of time with her.

No comments: