If I looked right I think this is my 200th post. In honor of this instead of writing 200 things about myself, I did 100 on my 100th post, I'm going to talk about the last 10 years. I have a few minutes to think and hopefully I can remember what the last 10 years have been like. If you know me then you'll know my memory isn't the greatest, but I do want to go through the last decade.
10 years ago takes me back to the year 2000. The Millenium was getting ready to be ushered in and I was being an Intern at Walt Disney World. I worked in a gift shop at the WDW Resort of All Star Movies. I loved the shop and the people I worked with. I had good roommates and a very fun time working for WDW. I miss working there. I loved being able to go to the Parks whenever I wanted to and the discounts were awesome! My internship ended in January just before school started back up.
I then went to BYU-Provo. For those of you who really know me BYU-Provo was the LAST place I wanted to go to school. I tried avoiding it but in the end couldn't. I went to Ricks, BYU-Hawaii and then ended up finishing in Provo. The rest of 2000 was spent in school and working for Castle Rock Financial Services. This was a great job and I loved the people I worked with. I turned 25 which was very hard for me but had a good year. I remained single and didn't date but focused on school and work. I was a Returned Missionary and needed to finish school.
2001 found me Finally graduating from College and working 2 jobs. I quit both jobs and started working for the SinoLind Foundation. I moved to Ogden and lived in the Dorms at Weber University. I taught US culture to 20 + Chinese English Teachers who were hear to learn about the American way of life. It was a hard job but a wonderful opportunity.
2002 began. I sent the Chinese Teachers home and in February followed them to China. I got there in time for the Chinese New Year and loved it. Shanghai was very different but exciting. I stayed with a few of the Teachers and they showed me around different villages of China. I then was able to take my very first, and only, Train ride up to the country village I would be teaching at. I moved into a dorm/apartment in Shangdong Providence in the city of Zibo. I had quite a few students and learned to live in China. This was a hard time for me but a very memorable one. I cherish the time I spent in China because it taught me about me and them. Even though it was hard it was a good experience. The food was ok in some places, not so much in others. I was able to bring home some good memories and fun souveniers. I stayed there till May then came home. My parents had moved to TX by then so I moved to TX too. My sister and I took a road trip from UT, I had left my car there with my brother and his family, and drove to TX together. We stopped in Roswell NM along the way to see the Aliens and had a good time. We arrived in TX and I eventually got a job with a Radiology Company. This was a huge blessing in disguise. I met some great people and enjoyed my job. Through this job I met Pepper who felt that it was now time for me to settle down and get married.
2003 began with me signing up with an LDS On-line dating agency. Through LDS Singles I met Larry Dean Saling Jr. We started chatting in February, met in March when he had a quick layover in the Dallas Airport, met again a couple of weeks later in Roswell NM, where we got engaged in the Carlsbad Caverns. We then met again in April, he flew me to UT to meet his girls and family, where he proposed officially with the ring. I quit my job in TX, moved to UT at the end of April and we eloped in May. Larry and I got married on May 8th 2003. We honeymooned in Las Vegas (travelling the World Vegas Style) and then moved into our home in Ferron, UT. The girls, Kaijsa-Kaitlyn-Kira and I got along quite well. By September, Labor Day to be exact, we moved to TX where we've been ever since. A whirl wind romance, marriage and new life.
2004 Larry got hurt and we've been trying to get him better ever since. He has his good days and bad days but don't we all. I began working again for the Radiology Company I was with before my marriage and Larry had several surgeries and recouped.
2005 we moved to Mansfield TX and managed Storage facilities and discovered we were going to have our fist child. His 1 and only boy!
2006 Kamden was born and we moved into our house in Cedar Hill, TX. Can't remember too much else happening that year. Kaijsa moved in with us and we love her!
2007 Kinsee Belle was born and I began working from home for another Radiology Company. This was/is a huge blessing because in 2007-2008 my mom would get sick and need my love and support.
2008 My mom passed away. I miss her and love her very much. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her and wish she was here. So much she is missing with my kids and family. Kaitlyn moved in with us and we love her too!
2009 Kaileigh was born into our family. She is such a joy. We are still living in Cedar Hill, TX and loving having all the kids in our home. Kira comes to visit as often as she can and love and miss her tons.
Now it's 2010 and I'm wondering where the time has gone. Larry and I have had about 60 years of marriage in the 6 years we've been together. We've laughed, loved, screamed and cried. We've had good days, weeks, months, years and bad days, weeks, months and years. Kira is still the only daughter not with us full time and we miss her but see her a couple of times a year. Kaijsa and Kaitlyn are huge helpers and wonderful daughters. I'm so blessed to have them in my life. Kam, Kinsee Belle, and Kai are fireballs. We love the "babies" as we call them and can't imagine our home or lives without them. Larry's health continues to be up and down and I'm still able to work from home. I'm so blessed to have the job and family that I have. My dad and sister live close by and I'm so glad they do. I love you Papa and Jennie! Thank you for all you do. The kids are being homeschooled now and we're living our days. We are setting goals and working on achieving them. I can't thank my Father in Heaven enough for all he's given me and for all he continues to give me.
Here's to another 10 years!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
What an exciting, change filled, blessed decade you've had! I didn't know you served a mission or went to all those places. Where did you serve?
I loved reading your review & you inspire me to do the same. Thanks for sharing! :)
Shannon
I served my mission in Provo, UT. I was in Vernal, on the Navajo Indian Reservation, Cedar City (SUU) and Lindon/Orem area. I was able to help out at the Vernal Temple Open House as well.
Post a Comment