Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Saling Family Christmas
So even though the weeks leading up to Christmas were rough with naughty kids Santa did stop by. We made him our homemade oreos and left out a glass of milk. He loved them. He left everyone something besides coal and everyone was pleased. We had a good, yet very early, Christmas. I woke everyone up around 5:30 or 6am to see if Santa had come. I love getting up early to look at what has been received and given. I always enjoy the stockings especially. Some of my favorite Christmas memories are of my brother waking me up super early to go see what was in our stockings and then waking Jennie up to look as well. Drew got up, then he would get me up and then we'd get Jennie up. So much fun! We'd play with our stocking gifts in his big closet, get caught by dad and then sent back to bed till 7am. I remember getting up about every hour of the night and going downstairs to see if Santa had come yet. I love those memories. I want my kids to have similar stories. We missed Kaitlyn and Kira but had a good time with the rest of our family. We had a good dinner at Papa's house with good friends. I always look forward to Christmas but am glad when it's over too. I even got some letters sent out. If you didn't get one it's because I don't have your address and you need to send it my way! Now for another year of saving up and buying bargains for next Christmas. I gather things all year to help Santa so it's not so overwhelming. Here's to another year gone and another one ahead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment