Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day


This year for Mother's Day we spent time together as a family and just relaxed. We did a little shopping at Costco and woke up late. We then went to eat at Joe's Crab Shack and let the kids play on the playground. It was a wonderful dinner and a beautiful day. Sunny and warm and everyone got along splendidly. It was one of those perfect days that you don't always have. I love my kids and am so grateful for all they do and teach me. I'm grateful for the opportunity to be a mother. I have been blessed with 7 wonderful children whom I love and learn from each day. I only hope they are learning as much from me. Kaijsa and Kira weren't here this year for Mother's Day but I'm sure they had a nice day with their mom. Kait, Kamden, Kinsee, Kaileigh, and Kallen made me breakfast of pancakes which were very good. They gave me a cupcake tree and mini cupcake tin so of course we had to make cupcakes. For my birthday I got a cupcake cookbook and we made the Strawberry Short Cupcakes which were delicious. Larry got me another Willow Tree Statue which I adore. I love those and am collecting them to tell our story. It was a great Mother's Day.

I missed my mom but know she was with us. I know she knows how much we love her. We spoke to Larry's Mom and she too had a great Mother's Day. I'm blessed with the Mother's I've had or do have in my life. I'm blessed to know other Mother's who are also amazing women and wonderful examples to me. I have so much to learn and I'm glad I don't have to do it on my own. Thank you Larry and kids for loving me so much!

No comments: