Sunday, May 22, 2011
Larry Dean
We've had a crazy few days with Larry Dean. He hasn't been feeling the greatest but all with signs I've seen before. He's very stubborn about going to the Dr or Hospital because he's tired of doing it. So after calling the ambulance and them finally getting him to the hospital it turns out it was a must needed trip. He's been passing out lately and not keeping anything down. After quite a few days of this and trying to get him to see a Dr we may have some ideas as to why. At first the Dr's thought it was Acute Leukemia, now they aren't so sure. They do know he has a blood disorder since his White Blood Count (WBC) is extremely high, his platelet level is also very high but his hemoglobin and iron levels are extremely low. They did a bone marrow biopsy today to finally confirm or deny Leukemia or some other Cancer. They are monitoring his heart and blood levels to make sure the levels go down and that the thickened blood doesn't clot or create other issues. He's on some meds that will prevent Gout and also a pre-chemo medicine. Both of these seem to be doing their job because his platelet level and WBC have gone down a bit. He may still need chemo even if there isn't cancer because it can help with his blood. So now the waiting game of discovering if it's Leukemia or not. I'm just grateful that the Dr's are taking the time to look and figure it out. Something is going on and I hope we can find out what it is soon. Whatever it is it's making his pain more severe and his mental status altered. As blood levels get closer to normal range his thinking clears and improves. Here's hoping we can get an answer quickly so we can do what needs to be done to have him feeling better and home. He's missing out on a lot right now and it will be nice to have answers and maybe some hope of cures. We love you Larry Dean! Keep the faith and know that your Father in Heaven loves you as does you Whole Family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Rachel - I'm sssooooo glad Jen is there to help you right now, but I wish I could come too. I miss you guys so much and I hope things can get figured out with Larry. We are praying for you guys. We love you. love cam
Post a Comment