Monday, November 23, 2009

Training


I thought I'd do a post about my new goal. There are a few ladies in the Ward that are going to do a Half Marathon. I thought I'd join them. What is better than friends supporting eachother? Since I am so completely out of shape it's taking me a bit to get back into shape. I have been "In Training" for 3 weeks now. I jogged/walked (more jogging actually - shocking I know) 3 miles today. I feel like I'm doing pretty good. The Half Marathon is April 11th so it's kind of a birthday present to myself. In the process I was hoping to lose some weight. 3 kids in 3 years has taken it's toll plus being over 30 doesn't help. I have also started attending the yoga/pilates class at our Ward building. I am loving it! I'm sore but it feels good. I haven't been weighing myself because I don't want to become obsessive about it but couldn't help myself today. I thought for sure that after 3 weeks something would have changed. Boy did something change! Instead of losing weight like I thought I've gained weight. I've gained 7 lbs! I'm so frustrated. I was kindly reminded that muscle weighs more than fat so to keep up the good work. I love comments that push me, support me and help me reach my goal. I really want to be able to do the Half Marathon in April. I figure if I go up a 1/2 mile to a mile each week I'll be running 13.1 miles several weeks before the Marathon. That gives me some weeks to get used to running that far. I also figure it will take me like 4 hours to walk/run it and to keep my mind motivated and busy for that long is also a trick. I've been borrowing Kaitlyn and Larry's IPOD's but need to get music on them that I like or find money to get my own. Hmmm a goal for me to save up for. Plus there is a fee for the marathon that I've got to come up with. I will and can do it! Eventually I figure after some muscle builds I'll finally start losing the weight I so desperately need to lose. I've also started to try and eat healthier and not snack as much. I hope I can stick to everything. I will with all y'alls support. I'm enjoying the exercise and having fun getting the kids involved with it to. Here's to training for the Half Marathon!

No comments: