Monday, September 22, 2008

Painting


I've spent the last few days painting Kamden's and Kinsee's rooms. Last year we did Kaijsa's and this year we thought we would do the little ones. Kamden has his own room now as does Kinsee. We decided to do Kamden's in CARS theme. He loves anything fast especially cars, plains, and trains (We know trains aren't fast but he loves them). We painted his room blue with white racing stripes. We then put up the CARS decals. His room is so cute! He loves it! I must admit, we did a good job and it turned out fabulous. Here are a few pics from different angles. I love the toy sorter. As most people who know me know I am super organized. I hate disorder. My movies are all filed alphabetically and my music is themed. So I love this organizer so all his toys can be stored themed too! We also did Kinsee's room which turned out super cute. Larry was concerned about the colors I chose at first but now that it's all done it has come together and looks awesome. They are bright bold colors that I think she can grow up with, for a while at least. The orange and pink look great together and then we're tying it together with creme and dark brown. We got both kids dark curtains. I'm hoping it will help them sleep in longer. They love to get up with the sun but with me working nights I want to sleep in as much as I can before taking Kaijsa to school. All the kids rooms need new blinds so that will be my next purchase. A special thank you to the Elders in our Ward who helped us. I am grateful for their help with some of the painting and taping. They also helped with moving the bunkbed as it's big and heavy. We are going to try putting Kinsee in a bed now. We'll see how it goes. There just isn't room for all the furniture we did have. I'll sell some and store some. I just love the feel of the rooms being clean, organized, and roomy. Less sometimes really is more. Painting is harder work than you think it's going to be but when it's done the feel of the colors and style is great. I'm loving having a home I can decorate and add personality too. I have so many plans for each room but we'll see how soon I do any of them. I'm tired from just these two rooms. I'm getting old, ok no I'm not. It's all worth it because the kids love their rooms and that is the purpose. Someplace that is theirs. A sanctuary for them and us.

5 comments:

d said...

Kamden's room looks good. Kinsee's will give her a deepseated fear of Easter. For years. And I don't see the brown, but that's probably for the best. Feel free to come paint McK's room. They keep complaining. H would love it if you painted the kitchen and living room as well. As long as you let her pick the color scheme... ^_^

Rachel said...

If I'm painting I get to pick the colors. The brown is the curtains and some on the bedspread. We decided not to do the stripe in between the orange and pink brown and leave it creme. She won't fear Easter but funny you say that b/c I was telling Kaijsa and Larry that we'd call that room the Easter Egg room. Notice no crib and she's hating that tonight.
Oh well. Kam's is based on his favorite little car. So cute. Not sure what room I'll do next. Dark Green in mine maybe....hmm.

Half a dozen Gregersens said...

Love the rooms. Pink and Orange look GREAT together.

Half a dozen Gregersens said...

My friend used a special curling iron that she bought a Wal-Mart. I am going to buy one this weekend. I will send you the info on it. It sure does make cute curls!!!!!!

Mandy said...

So cute. I should send you pictures of our rooms that we did for the kids in Utah. I was sad to leave that house. I loved it. I am missing it like crazy! But it is just a house. Great job.