Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Together for Church
We all made it to church this week after weeks of having baby, someone or all of us being sick, or traveling to drop off and pick up Kaitlyn. I have one more Sunday then I'll be switching shifts and working on Sundays. Yep, you read that right. I'm moving from Graveyard to Days. I have my last 7pm - 5:30am shift on Dec 13th then move to 7am - 5:30pm. The down side is that I'll be working Thurs-Sun so will miss church. But another bright note is that I'm going to be training for a Supervisor position. I have a training period to see if they like me and I like the position before being offered it full time. I do hope I can handle it and like it though because working days would be nicer than nights. Plus I hope the company sticks around with me working for them. There is the chance of next year our office closing but I sure hope not. Anyways, I'll have my nights to be with my kids for a bit and to get some sleep. I will still have 3 days off together too which is nice to get things done or go places. I'll still be working holidays but I don't mind too much because the pay is nice on those days. Enough about me...on to the kids.
Kaijsa is getting ready for finals and her semester to end. She is getting closer to graduating and being a grown up. Mixed feelings all around for that. She is doing well in school and enjoying her classes and teachers. She is also coming to realize that what we told her about her Senior year is actually true. It's not the best year of H.S.
Kaitlyn's play is this week so she's super busy with practices and set design. She is also in Choir and busy learning Christmas Music. She too is enjoying school and doing well. We sure are glad to have her back from her Thanksgiving trip and she's glad to be home too.
Kira will be here for Christmas and we are super excited for that. She's in Basketball and doing well. She even made a 3 pointer at the last game. She's dancing still and busy with school. She's the same size as Kaijsa which makes us laugh. We buy for one and both can wear it/ use it.
Kamden is loving Pre-K. He loves bringing his craft projects home and learning things. It's been really good for him. I even thing we can understand him a bit better. He's growing so fast and getting so big! We can't keep him in clothes or shoes. Crazy.
Kinsee Belle loves to draw/color. She's going to be artsy I think. She is also practicing gymnastics all around the house. If she can find something to hang off of she is. If she can jump off it, she is. She is getting very good at her headstands and loves doing them.
Kaileigh sees Kinsee do the headstand and does her own summersaults (not sure how to spell that). She is still very laid back and funny as can be. She makes the funniest faces and is talking more all the time. She is a little mini me and that makes me laugh...so far. She can be found with a book quietly looking through it often throughout the day.
Kallen goes to the Dr tomorrow for his 1 month check up. We're a bit late (6 weeks) but I'm sure he'll be found healthy. He sleeps quite a bit still and eats more each week it seems. He's even outgrown his first outfit already! He is such a doll and we love him. He's snuggly and cuddly. He'll smile at times and holds his head up rather well. He has a peaceful spirit and personality about him which we all enjoy. I'll update with his new stats but I'm sure he's gained weight and inches.
Larry's been battling not feeling well and will hopefully feel better soon. He's stayed on top of things despite not feeling the greatest. He even got a calling at church! He's now the Assistant Ward Clerk! After almost 8 yrs of no callings, neither of us has had once since we got married...not sure why exactly, he's got a busy one to fulfill. I know he'll be great at it. Love you Larry Dean!
I'm excited about my new job prospects. I'm also trying to be a bit more homemaker. I've made Pumpkin Bread and Banana Bread in the last week or two and today made my mom's delicious Fudge. I love her fudge, it's just too bad it takes 2 weeks to sit. Oh well, it's worth it. We have the tree up but not decorated yet, hoping to do that tonight. We have a few decorations out but mostly just the boxes/tubs to put them out. Not sure how much we'll actually decorate this year but we'll do some. Time gets past me before I know it and not as much gets done as I think it will/should. Oh well. The decorations aren't the reason for Christmas and that's what we want to focus on this year. Our goal this year is to have a quiet light Christmas without too many gifts and do bigger birthdays. Focus on whose birthday it is and what they like rather than what we want. We'll see how it goes.
AZ is having beautiful weather right now and we're loving it. I got the ok to exercise again so hope to get out and start walking. We're done having children now so I have all my baby weight to lose/work on losing. It's a big goal and will take a lot of work but I'll try.
Happy Beginning to the Christmas Season! May you all have peace and joy in your hearts, homes and lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment