Saturday, June 27, 2009

Kaileigh Jeanette Saling 6.26.09


Here are a few pictures we took at the hospital with our newest baby girl. Her name is Kaileigh or Kai for short with Jeanette being the middle name. Jeanette is after my mom. She weighed 8 lbs even which surprised us because we all thought she would be bigger. 8 lbs is good for me though. She was 19 inches which is exactly what Kamden and Kinsee were. She was born at 2:03pm after just a couple of hours labor. She has beautiful dark hair and beautiful eyes. She has a sweet spirit about her and we're blessed to have her in our home. She is getting lots of love and attention from her brother and sisters which is fun for mom and dad to watch. We also appreciate the help they give. Kaijsa, Kaitlyn, Jen, Larry and I were in the delivery room. Jen helped me out and was a great support. Kaijsa and Kaitlyn got to watch and see how a baby is born (good birth control right? lol) and Larry got to deliver his newest daughter! He was thrilled that Dr. Brown talked him through it and he got to do everything. I think it's wonderful for him and for her. I love him and love that he enjoys doing things like this. I'm so glad Kaijsa and Kaitlyn were there with us too. It was so nice to have family around. My dad was able to come and see her later and I loved seeing him with her. She just left my mom and I know she sent us Kaileigh with lots of love. It's hard to not have her with us but I know she was there and is with us. I'm not sure who she looks like but I'm sure her personality will develop and we'll figure it out soon. We are home now and doing well. We want all our family and friends to know we love and appreciate all you do and have done for us. We wish you could all be closer but know your thoughts and prayers are with us. I'll try to keep you posted on her growth weekly but as we all know a house with 6 kids can get crazy. Kaileigh Jeanette we love you! Welcome home!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

She is beautiful, Rachel!! Congratulations...I can't wait to meet her in person!!

Melissa said...

I am SO glad everything went well! Kanden and Kinsee asked for you often while they were playing. I think they knew something was changing and I just kept saying that Mommy was in the hospital to have their baby sister. I think Kamden was concerned for you. So cute! He loves his mama! I love Kaileigh's name--especailly the Kai nickname! Enjoy that sweet little thing! Keep her close because like you said, she just came from heaven and your mama's arms!

Mardi said...

How exciting! I am so glad things went well for you. Such a precious little gal - can't wait to see her in person. Take care of yourself!

J~ said...

Congrats! Glad you are home and things are "settling" down.
Can't wait to hold that Kaileigh! I need more pictutes too! :-)