Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Year in Review
Since it's the last day of 2008 I thought I'd do a year in review for the Saling's. It won't be long but I wanted to just sit and think about all that has happened in the last year.
January: We Larry and I went to UT and picked up Kaitlyn and Kira for a couple of reasons. There was an unforseen event in their lives that we needed them but also to have them with us as my mom passed away. It was so nice to have our whole family together and with her just before she passed away. I'm glad they got to know her and be there for her funeral. Grandma's cancer came quickly and took her away early but we know she is in a better place and getting everything ready for the rest of us. We miss her and think of her every day. Kamden turned 2 and continues to go nonstop everywhere.
February: Kira turned 8! She had to wait till June to get baptized so we could all be together but she celebrated her big day and then went to Disney World. Kira went back to UT but Kaitlyn stayed with us for a while longer. It was nice to have her with us and nice that Kira could be with her mom.
March: This is a quiet month as there are no birthdays and I can't remember anything happening.
April: Kaijsa turned 15 and got her Driver's Learners Permit. She has been practicing ever since. She is actually becoming a good driver. I also had a birthday but we won't speak of that since I'm getting older and have hit the fun milestones.
May: Kaitlyn turned 11 and has been counting down till she turns 12 ever since. She can't wait to go into Young Women's with her sister and to Girls Camp. Kinsee Belle turned 1 and has continued to be a joy and a fast learner. She picks up on things very quickly.
June: Larry had a birthday and the girls got out of school. We drove to UT and got to see some family and have Kira's Baptism. Although it was a short trip it was nice to see everyone and let the family see the kids. We came back to TX and relaxed this year.
July: The girls went to UT for their time with Janet. Kaitlyn decided to stay out there and try the country life down in Southern UT where Janet moved to be near her family. Kaijsa had Girls camp and loved it.
August: We spent the month getting ready for school to start and started to get ready for Christmas as all the birthdays were now over.
September: I took the kids and went with my dad and sister to Missouri to see my Grandparents. They hadn't seen Kamden since he was born and had never seen Kinsee. It was a short trip but nice to see them. We don't see them often enough.
October: Hmmmm I think this was the month Kaijsa had her appendix removed and was diagnosed with Crohns. She is doing well and has caught back up in school for all the days missed.
November: Larry went to spend 3 weeks in UT with family. His baby brother Chris got married to a cute gal and he was able to be there for the event. He was also able to spend time with his grandparents and family to just relax. He had a rough year with his health and it was nice for him to be able to hang out and relax with family and friends. He had a great time and we missed him tons. He came home just in time for Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving was quiet and spent with my dad and sister. Kaijsa was with us and from this point on we counted down till Christmas when we'd have Kaitlyn and Kira too.
December: School break began and we picked up Kaitlyn and Kira for Christmas. My brother Drew with his wife Heather and their kids McKenna, Miranda and Graeme came out to TX. We all got together for our first Christmas without Grandma. We had a great time together although the time together was short. It was a great week full of events I've already posted about. Kaitlyn has decided to stay with us which we are excited about and Kira will go back to Janet just after the new year. We will miss her but want her to be happy.
And now the year is over. We have been blessed with family and friends who love us and help us. We are so grateful for all of you. We are blessed with health and a warm home. We are blessed with the gospel in our lives and the knowledge that was we remain faithful and live righteously that we can be together with those we love forever. We are blessed with a little bundle of joy to be placed in our home and with our family this coming year. We are looking forward to having him/her with us. We are also praying that this will be the year that we can be sealed together as a family forever. May the year ahead be full of joy and peace. May our eyes and hearts be opened to the blessings we enjoy and the miracles we experience. May our faith continue to grow and our love for each other grow deeper as well. May this new year bring all of you those things your heart desires. We love you all and hope to see some of you this year!
Happy New Year and Good-bye to the Last Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Hi Rachel! Remember me-- from the Defiance Branch. I found you by doing a google search.
Your mom has been so faithful in sending us Christmas cards each year (except for last year- now I know why). Your dad had just responded to our Christmas card we sent, I send you my condolences. Besides one other family we knew in the Defiance Branch, your mom was the only one who kept in contact with us by sending yearly Christmas letters. I wanted you to know that and I am so sorry for your families loss.
With love, Karalene
I totally remember you! How are you? My email address is rachelsaling@hotmail.com if you ever want to email. You are also welcome to look at the blog whenever. My husband Larry Saling and I are also on Facebook if you use that. Thank you about my mom. I hope this finds you well. Please keep in touch! Hugs, Rachel
I am going to look you up on Facebook right now. I also have a blog- should be able to link to it through my name. For the past week I have been madly posting birthdays, Holiday events and Jordan, my son, in London. So it is a pretty scary mess right now.
I will add you to my blogs I follow.
And Happy New Years--
Post a Comment