Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas


It's been a while but we've been busy with family, friends and Christmas. We picked up Kaitlyn and Kira last weekend and the time is going by way to fast! It has been great having our whole family together. We will definitely notice the empty space Kira fills when she goes back to UT next week. We have another week with her though and that is fantastic!
We have had a busy week of visiting and playing with family. I'm going to post our Christmas pictures with this one and then work on the family time pictures soon. I don't want to do everything at once and that have a while to the next. Maybe if I space them out that will keep y'all interested.
This was the first Christmas without my mom. It was hard but we felt her with us. My brother and his family came out and so that was nice to all be together. We don't get together very often so when we do it's great. The cousins got to play with eachother and get to know one another better which I love. I want them to be friends and hope they can see each other just often enough to be that way despite the distance. Santa came to our house and the kids each got several things they wanted and I'm sure a few things they didn't. hehe. Tradition is that they get books, for most that is fine although I do have one child that isn't a big reader. We got them each a Church book and a fun book, they got journals to keep their memories and thoughts in, some make-up, jewelry, clothes and a bigger item. Santa was good this year and we all loved our gifts. We also got to exchange gifts with our other family members and that is fun too. I love to give gifts and see their faces when they open them up. Giving truly is better then receiving.
We drove to the near-by lake and looked at the Christmas Lights they had displayed. There are over 3 million lights and they were amazing. I'll put some pics of those up later. We love driving around and looking at lights. It's especially fun with little ones because they ooh and aah over them and it truly brings in the Christmas Spirit. Christmas is for kids and to remind us to be childlike.
Larry and I sang in the Ward Choir for Christmas Sunday and that was fun. It was nice to sing with him. He has an amazing voice. We didn't get snow but it did get pretty cold here in TX. I don't mind though, snow is pretty but can be such a pain. I had the week off from work which was amazing but will have to start back up tomorrow. It will be so hard working nights again when I've been able to go to bed early. I'm one who needs my sleep.
I still have yet to get my Christmas cards/letter out but still have the intention to do so. Please don't think we forgot about any of you, we haven't. I will send it soon, although you'll get more information by reading this blog then the letter.
Merry Christmas to all our friends and family. We loved getting letters, cards and pictures from all of you! We hope to be able to keep the Christmas Spirit with us throughout the year and to remember to serve/ give more than receive. We love you all and are grateful to have y'all in our lives. We are well and will post more later...

3 comments:

KaylynB said...

Hi Rach!!! Merry Christmas. Sounds like you enjoyed the holiday! It was nice that your brother and his family could come out. Your Dad probably appreciated having all of the kids there. It must have been hard on everyone without your Mom.

Melissa said...

Looks like a ton of fun!! How fun to have the girls there and too bad Kira is going back. That must be so hard!!

Mills Family said...

Hi! hey, it was so fun to hear about your christmas time! It's been so good to have these blogs huh!...it totally keeps us all in touch! It would be so good to see you guys some time in the future. All our lives are busy and we live far away...so until some future date....blog on! :) Lisa and Jay