Monday, December 8, 2008

Bethlehem Revisted

I'm going to post a bunch of pictures individually this time because I'm still trying to figure out our new computer. Macs are so completely different from PC's and I'm so computer dumb that this will take me some time. But I must say I do love the new computer and it is a lot of fun. It will do some pretty amazing things. It's a great family present this year. Kaijsa and Larry have been having a lot of fun on it and that is great. They are so funny.
This past weekend was the annual Christmas Event called Bethlehem Revisited. We took Rachel, Kaijsa's best friend, and my sister Jennie with us. It was cool that night but it is always so much fun to go see. They do a great job. The town of Waxahachie has built a small version of Bethlehem in the town and every year at Christmas time for 2 weekends in December they tell or actually re-enact the Christmas Story from Luke. People from all over visit, thousands every night, and many from the surrounding communities volunteer to become citizens of Bethlehem. We love going and the kids do too. We go get Hot Cocoa afterwards and then just enjoy the start of the Christmas season. It's a great way to start the Holidays by remembering the true reason for this holiday season.

The kids were able to pet sheep, goats, and chickens as well as see the donkey that Mary and Joseph ride into Bethlehem and the camels the wisemen bring with them. They loved the animals.

This is Jen, Kinsee, Larry and Kamden trying to get warmed up by the fire the Shepherds had in their field. They actually do keep a small flock of sheep to keep the story real.

This is Kaijsa and Rachel in the marketplace with a merchant, i.e. one of their friends, trying to sell them bread. Too much fun. These were a couple of the pictures, the others didn't turn out very good since the camera I use now, ours was stolen, doesn't have the best flash. But oh well. It was fun to go and Kaijsa and Rachel are thinking of volunteering next weekend and possibly next year. My sister, parents and I served there one year and it took a lot of time but was fun to do. Merry Christmas to all!

No comments: