Friday, August 14, 2009

Busy Summer


Too Much Work!
Graphics



It's hard to believe but Kira is only with us for one more week. The time sure has gone by fast. She may think differently but I think it's gone by fast. This whole summer has flown by. I remember being a kid and thinking the summer was so long and now, where is the summer? The girls got out of school, went to YW Girls Camp, came home and we had Kaileigh, Kaijsa left for EFY, then the 4th of July, we then had a couple of weeks to get ready for Kira and of course adjusting to Kai. Kira then got here and we had Kaileigh's blessing. We've gone swimming and shopping, we've watched movies and slept some. I've worked and cleaned and cleaned some more. The house has been wrecked and cleaned and wrecked again. We've cooked good meals and eaten out. The girls have been working and the little ones have been playing (i.e. making messes). Kira's baked with her Easy Bake Oven and she has stayed up late and slept in late. We went to Joe Pool Lake and to the Dallas Zoo. We'd still like to get to the zoo one more time with Kira and swim some more as well. We didn't have a big trip this year but we've had fun being together. We've had to fix the van and got some things to organize the house (i.e. girls bathroom). There is still quite a bit I'd love to organize (the garage especially). We need to have a yard sale to clean garage out and get rid of the baby boy stuff. I'd love to get some painting done. I have done a little Christmas shopping. I've started clipping coupons and trying to save money. I haven't taken as many pictures as I wanted to so I'll have to take quite a few this week. We've gone to the Dr for shots for school and we've gotten a few of the school supplies. We still need to get a couple of outfits. So...it's been a busy summer full of fun and not so fun. We're now getting over the flu and starting to feel better (most of us anyways). Now if only to have a couple of days of peace and quiet before school starts. Hmmm. And to get the girls to go to bed early and up early in prep for seminary and school...we'll see how that goes.

Hope everyone has had a great summer. Like my mother before me...I'm ready for school to start (I think).

2 comments:

Melissa said...

WOW!! I am exhausted just reading that! You need to slow down lady!! Hard to believe you JUST had a baby! Guess that doesn't stop you from conquering the world! If you need any pointers on coupons, come on over. I can give you a ton of info! We have been SO blessed with it!

Mardi said...

When I was younger it seemed like summer was soooo long. Now I just can't keep up with how fast time flies by. Glad you're all together for a few weeks!