Sunday, August 9, 2009

Family Time


We've had a busy week with work, cleaning, having fun, and more work. The summer is going by so fast. I can't believe that in just a few weeks the girls will be back in school. Where does the time go? After looking at our schedules we decided that this weekend would be the only time to spend it all together as a family. Any other time at least one of us is going to be gone with work. Between Kaijsa's schedule, my schedule and Kaitlyn's schedule life is crazy. Plus Larry's been going out with the Missionaries quite a bit so he's gone too or they are here. So for the weekend of family time we went swimming, bowling and out to dinner. We also got our annual family photos taken and had a few of us sick as well! Whew, just thinking about it all makes me tired.

We started the weekend Friday by taking the kids, minus Kaitlyn, to the Lake in town. Ok, Joe Pool is not a great Lake but it was still fun to go. The kids swam and had a good time looking for seashells, yes there are little ones. The water was warm the sand non-existant (they replaced it with rocks and dirt not sure why). It was fun to go though and do something different.

Bowling was fun after our morning of cleaning and swimming at Papa's house. The little ones killed us all. Actually I'm not sure who ended up winning but I think it was Larry for our group and Kinsee had the high score for the kids group. It was funny to see the family bowling and the tiniest kids doing the best. Oh well. It was fun. I think I had the lowest score. So much for that bowling class I took in college.

We went to Applebees for dinner and it was good. The sign on the door is funny though. Let's see if y'all can catch it...


Several us have come down with the flu this summer. It doesn't last long but it sure is junky while we have it.

Kai is now 6 weeks old. She is getting so big! She is still a very peaceful child and a wonderful addition to our family. We will be getting her picture taken at the end of the week and I'm excited for them. I hope they turn out and that she is good during them. Watch that be the ONE time she's not good but knock on wood that isn't the case. I will think positive thoughts...

We get Kira's pictures back this week and I can't wait. They turned out so cute. Our family pictures were taken today and they too turned out wonderfully. I love them! I love getting family pictures taken and watch how our family changes each year. The kids are growing up and new ones have come into our lives. I love my family so much and am thankful for each one of them.

So another week has gone by and another one is beginning. Jen's friend Darlene is coming into town this week and we are looking forward to that. We all love Darlene. We'll take her and Kira to Babes for dinner as it's a favorite spot to eat. No other plans except more working and swimming and cleaning. Tax Free weekend is coming up and we're looking forward to that. Love to do our back 2 school shopping on that weekend. 2 weeks and counting. Then school starts. Wow, time goes by faster the older we get.

It's been a great summer and a fun one too I think. Never a dull moment that's for sure. I'll try to write more often but not promising anything. I will share our pictures with y'all when we get them.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: