One year ago on January 19th my wonderful mother passed away. She was a smart, talented and loved Wife, Mother, sister and daughter. She was taken way too soon and is missed every single day. I wanted to take some time to remember her and let y'all get to know her a bit. She was born and raised in Missouri. She met my dad during the early college years and after they married they converted to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She raised us all by her love and example. She loved the gospel and she shared her testimony every chance she had. She loved to sing and had the strongest, prettiest alto voice. I loved that she sang and encouraged us to sing. She could come up with a song for every thought and occassion. It always amazed me how she could do that. I hope someday I can do that too, but so far not so good. She always took time to be there for me at my competitions, whether they be dance, sports, music or 4-H. She and my dad were always there and I loved that. We didn't get along very much while I was growing up, which I now look back and regret. I gave her a really hard time and feel like now I wasted time with her. But I'm sure she knew I loved her, even when I was at my worst, or I hope she did. My mom was so smart! I could ask her anything and she knew the answer. I would call her up and randomly ask her something and she could tell me what I needed to know. She helped me with my homework and always got me a good grade on the project/paper. I so wish I had her memory and knowledge. I remember her dressing up for every holiday with a fun sweatshirt/shirt and festive jewelry. She decorated the house to the extreme almost for every holiday. I loved that and so did my friends. She had such joy for life and was always willing to help someone else. I loved that she taught herself how to play the piano and tried to get me to learn too. I wish now I had paid more attention. She was always reading something and encouraged me to read too. I loved reading something and talking to her about it later. She always said you could do better in school if you would read, she was right. She instilled in me a love for the oldies and Elvis Presley. We would listen to the oldies (Beatles, Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis Presley, Frankie Avalon and Annette Funiccello, and anyone else from when she was younger). I loved singing along with her to the songs. I loved watching Elvis movies with her. I remember being home sick from school for a couple of days. She rented Gone With The Wind and had me watch it. At first I didn't want to but ended up loving the movie. It's one of my favorite memories. She had a loving heart and a sensitive spirit. She truly was/is one of the great spirits. I miss her every day and Love her more than I ever let her know. It's been a long year without her. I am sad that my kids, the younger ones, won't get to know her. I'm so glad that the 3 older girls got to spend some time with her and come to love her. I know she is with the spirit that is going to be coming to our family this summer. I know she is watching over us and continues to be there for us. I'm also sure she is getting things ready for us all up there, she always like to be prepared and organized. I wish y'all could have known her better for she was so amazing.
I love you mom! I miss you! I'm trying to be like you!



5 comments:
You totally have her smile!
Thanks for sharing your memories. She was the BEST mom!!! I know she is still with us.
That was wonderful, a beautiful tribute to your Mom. An amazing Woman, someone to truly aspire to be like.
That was really nice. I couldn't imagine losing my mother. My dad has been dead for almost my whole life, and I still think about him and wonder about him. I do take comfort in knowing that someone up there is really watching out for me...I am sure you feel the same way. Love ya.
That is so sweet! I see so much of you in your mom and YOU are an amazing person--just like she was!
Post a Comment