Sunday, November 30, 2008

Putting up the Decorations

There aren't too many pictures of us putting up the Christmas decorations. The batteries died and I didn't have any to replace them so....here are the very few we have. While Kaijsa was home this week for her Thanksgiving break we decided to put up the Christmas decorations. We put up the tree as you can see but didn't decorate the tree for a couple of days. We let it sit to get fluffy, so we tell our lazy selves. We also put the train up under the tree and all the other fun decorations that we have. We are trying to start a village so each year we add a piece to it. I'll have to take a picture of it sometime. I need to start getting people for it as right now it's just buildings. But I love putting them out and trying to figure out what kind of village I'm going to have. We also set out our nativity scenes. I don't have too many but do love to get them. Some people have hundreds and that's awesome but I like having one for each room. That way no matter what room you're in you can see the Nativity and remember the true meaning of Christmas. I think right now they are all in one room but we'll figure it out as we go. Kaijsa did a great job decorating and Kamden and Kinsee "helped" too. I have another new schedule at work so I worked over Thanksgiving but was able to help her some. It was nice to have her home for a while to spend time with and relax. We finished our Christmas shopping and had fun together as a family. We talked to Kaitlyn and Kira a little bit and can't wait to see them in a few weeks for Christmas! I love this time of year. I love this holiday and hope we can each remember what the Holiday is really for. To celebrate the birth of our Savior and older brother. I love the Savior and am so thankful for Him and all He's done for me. This time of year can get so busy with the material and commercial of Christmas that we forget what we're really celebrating. Please take time to truly remember and keep that in our hearts at this time. Merry Christmas to All!

2 comments:

Aaron, Kristy, Emma & Autumn said...

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Loved the slide show of your family decorating!

Half a dozen Gregersens said...

MeRRy ChrIstMas to the Saling family! How you have the best yet!