Monday, December 12, 2011

Kallen's 1st Birthday


Once we got back from our trip it was time for Maricopa's Stagecoach Days and Kallen's 1st Birthday! We had fun going to the carnival but sad because only Kamden and Kinsee could ride the rides. Kai was pretty upset she couldn't ride but was happy once again when we got Cotton Candy. Jen took her to play one of the games and she won a little bear. Kinsee too played one of the games and won a bear while Kamden rode the Ferris Wheel with a friend from school. He and his friend, Preston, rode the ferris wheel with Preston's mom and had a great time going so high. Kam and Kinsee rode all that they could which worked out being all the cash I had on hand at the time. Got our cotton candy and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Larry and Kallen had Daddy/Son bonding time while we went to do this. When we got back together I made little Doodlebug Cupcakes for his treat. I think they turned out cute. The kids enjoyed having their own cakes and once Kallen got past the "what is this, can I eat it now?" he dove right in. We sang, we ate and he made the mess I wanted him to make. I love it when they shove it in their mouths and get it all over. Each of the kids have done this which is why their first birthday pics have them being non-clothed. Once done we put him in the tub and got him all clean and comfy for bed. He received some clothes and some shake and go Cars cars which he loves. Thanks for the idea Chris and Kim! He also received a couple other toys which quickly got lost. I hate getting toys at times because with all the kids it's a guarantee that we won't have all the parts for long, which held true with his toys too. We do have the cars though so yay!

Kallen is wearing a 2T and started walking shortly after his 1st birthday. Now he doesn't get as grumpy because he can follow and keep up with his brother and sisters. He's up and down the stairs and all over the house. He's so funny because he'll just sometimes run around the room like "look at me and what I can do!" He makes us laugh. He had his Dr.'s appointment but I can't really remember the STATs. I've gotten so bad at this. I think he was 31 inches and close to 22lbs. He's still a lightweight but is getting taller. He's following the tradition of all the kids, tall and skinny. Even some of his 2T jammy tops are now too small. He and Kai have these little buddah bellies that crack me up. I love them. So even though he's a 18 month bottom he's really a 2/3T on top, depending on the top. Mostly I just buy 2T's to keep it safe. He loves cars and playing with his brother and sisters. He loves music and sitting at the piano pretending to play. Maybe he will some day which I think would be fantastic. He sleeps well and eats well and is a huge blessing in our home. We love you Kallen Dean! Here's to many more years of laughter, snuggles and keeping up with you!

1 comment:

Rachel Amelia said...

Kallen is so adorable!! I love seeing all the pictures!