I have just posted on my other blog (Goals, found on the right in friends & family if you'd like to read it) and thought I'd update this blog as well. Jen and I have decided to train for a 5K. We wanted something to reach for to make our exercising more worthwhile. So we looked up a couple of races and are seriously thinking of signing up for them. The first will be in Oct on the 15th in Salt Lake City. It's the Dead vs the Undead to help Cancer. I find this a very good cause since Larry has been diagnosed with Cancer. So Jen and I have started running this week and following a couch to 5K training schedule. It's only day 2 but so far so good. I really hope we can make it to this race plus see some friends and family along the way!
The next race will be on Thanksgiving Day in Mesa. The Annual Turkey Trot which I think is to support or help Stroke Research, which is also a good cause since my Grandmother had a stroke that completely changed her life. I will have family in town for Thanksgiving so having their cheers while Jen and I run will be fun!
So here's to Training for the 5K's Jen and I would like to run in! If you're in SLC area for Oct 15th or around Mesa for Thanksgiving feel free to join Jen and I in the runs!
And hopefully we'll lose weight along the way as a bonus. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
good luck Rachel and Jen! maybe I can talk Tim into letting me drive down to SLC to see you in October!!
Post a Comment