Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday

I didn't get any pictures today when I wanted to. Today was our first true day at church for the year. We went on the last Sunday of 2010 to bless Kallen but didn't stay for all of church. Then the first Sunday of the year we spent driving Kira to Las Vegas to get home. So here we are today going to Church for the first time in 2011. Kaijsa has just a few more months of Young Womens and then will move up to Relief Society. Kaitlyn will be in Young Womens by herself for the first time. I'm sure she'll enjoy finding herself separate from being Kaijsa's sister. Kira will have her last year in Primary. Kamden moved up into Primary and Kinsee started Primary. Kaileigh is in Nursery and doing well I might say. So it was just Kallen and I hanging out. He was asleep so I got to attend all 3 meetings. It's been a long time since that has happened. Probably since before Kamden and he's almost 5! Larry didn't make it with us and he was missed. He has been called to be the Assistant Ward Clerk and I have been given the calling of creating the Bulletin each week. I have come to realize the older I get the more important church is to me. I need that time each week to reflect and rebuild myself spiritually. I really enjoyed Relief Society today. The lesson was on Fasting. I didn't get to pay as close of attention in Sacrament as I wanted to because of the little ones and only having 2 hours of sleep but I know I heard some things I needed to hear. I wish I could remember them. I especially liked the husbands talk. It's driving me nuts that I can't think of what it was about and yet I know I liked it. I really need to work on my memory! Sunday School was the New Testament which I enjoy. I loved taking New Testament while at BYU-Hawaii and still enjoy reading from it. We are still making our way through the Book of Mormon as a family. It's tough since I'm only home 3 nights a week but we're trying at least, right? We are almost done with Mosiah and then will start the long journey through Alma. Again I wish the kids would sit still more/better but at times they say something and I know they are listening, even if it's not my way. :) I have many things I want to work on this year and that I need to work on this year but all of that I'll post on the Goals blog. Suffice it to say I had a good Sunday. I am even getting to have a little quiet time!

No comments: