Monday, February 8, 2010

Busy few weeks

Sorry it's been a while since our last post. I've been a busy mommy lately trying to get in all the Dr and Dental appointments I can before our insurance changes. We are again changing insurances in March. Again we'll increase what we pay for it and decrease the benefits from it. Bummer but at least we have insurance and it's not completely unaffordable yet. So for the past couple of weeks it's been one Dr appt or dental appt after the other. Here is the update...


Larry is still having some tests done to see why he's lost so much weight. I wish I could lose the weight he's lost but I can't complain since I'm healthy and he's trying to become healthier. Although, I must say, he's been doing fabulously lately. We're feeling very grateful and blessed. The dr is still trying to figure out exactly what is wrong but they are narrowing things down which is nice. It's nice to have a Dr. finally stick with him long enough to try and figure out what's wrong and to fix it.

I don't have a picture of Kaijsa, sorry, I'll work on that. She is also trying to get healthy. She's now on some new medicine for her Crohn's but is doing ok with it. She also went to the dentist and had 7 cavities. Not big ones so no shots or drilling to get to them. She got them filled today and was a trooper. She's great and doing well. She took her test for Dual Credit at the Community College and will be able to register for classes in April. She's a little set back but not much. She can start her class in May. She is also getting ready for the Pioneer Trek this summer so she's walking alot. We have to get her some clothes but otherwise she's just got to get in shape. Good luck Kaijsa! She is also considering finding another job. We're sure she'll find one she'll enjoy and be good at.


Kaitlyn has decided to play soccer this summer and we couldn't be more excited. I'm going to be a soccer mom. It's moments like this that make me excited to be a mom. I've always wanted to run from sport to sport and be that cool mom. We'll see if I'm successful. We signed her up for Spring Soccer and got her the gear. We'll find out her team and practices/games in a few weeks. Here we come!

Being home schooled it will be good for her to get out and make some friends. She has perfect teeth according to the dentist so no work there. School is going well for her although she hates spanish class and needs to do more there. She'll get it all done by summer time.

Kira is going to go to Girl Scout Camp this summer. Her birthday is today! Our little Kira is 10 years old! I can't believe it! Time sure does go by fast. Happy Birthday Kira Marey! We can't wait to see you this summer! She is busy with school, dance, sports and girl scouts. We're proud of our little Kira or Kira now. She's not so little anymore. 10 - double digits. Crazy.


Kamden is feisty and so funny. We love our boy! He also went to the dentist and no surprise had a couple of cavities. I think 5. Again there were no shots or drilling. They relaxed him with some laughing gas (Kaijsa too) and fixed him right up. He now has no chipped tooth anymore! I should have waited for his birthday pictures but didn't know all this would be done so oh well. He was such a good boy for the dentist. He let them clean and fix his teeth w/out any problems. We're so proud of you Bubba! He goes to the Dr later this week so I'll have to update y'all with his stats. I know he's growing though because he feels solid and has gotten so tall! He is loving Primary and is a big help with his littlest sis Kai.


Kinsee is also doing well. She has been sick a little lately so is taking it easy. We hope you feel better soon Kinsee Belle! She's had a rough time with being sick, losing a toe nail that got smashed last year and just fell off, and now had her finger smashed in a costco cart. It looks nasty but should be ok. She has a spot on one of her teeth but not enough to do anything about it. My kids have developmental problems with their teeth because I'm under stress while pregnant with them. Crazy. She is good though and they'll just keep an eye on it. She is doing really well with the potty training and hardly ever has any accidents anymore. We're so excited about that. Love ya Kinsee Belle!


Kaileigh is doing so well! She is sitting up and playing with toys on her own. She loves real food and sleeps through the night. She is starting to get up on her hands and knees and rocks back and forth. She is a happy healthy baby girl. She is growing up so fast! We love our little Kai. The kids are so great with her and love her bunches. Kai is a blessing and joy to have around.

Our family is doing great and I love each and every one of them. My appt with the Dentist didn't go so well. Since it's been around 10 years since a really good dental appt I'm not surprised with how bad every thing was. I had to have a deep cleaning, which still isn't done. I also have I think 5 cavities. Only 1 needs a shot. The others are just a slight scraping off and filling in. Most of them in fact are just covering the front of my teeth to protect them and not make them so sensitive. So I count only 1 as a true cavity, maybe 2. I'll get them taken care of next week. It's been cold and rainy here but the kids love it. Larry got me the Wii Fit Plus for V-day and we opened it early. We are all loving it. It's been a lot of fun, even the little ones can play some and are getting good at a few of the balance games. I think it's good for them. It's been good for all of us to get a little healthier this year. Plus I love listening to my kids laugh and play together. Makes the home warm and cozy.

Have a good week everyone! I love y'all! Happy Birthday Kira, we love and miss you! Thank you Larry, Kaijsa, Kaitlyn, Kamden, Kinsee, and Kai for helping me out so much and being a wonderful family.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

What a cute family you guys have! They look like very happy kids, so you must be doing something right! Love all the up-dates and Larry looks good, too!