Monday, February 15, 2010
Texas Snow Storm
We got a beautiful snow storm this past week in Texas. We got just over a FOOT of snow! Yep, you read that right, a FOOT! We were loving it. Of course we have no clothing for weather like this but we did what we could. Lots of layers and lots of fun. We woke up to what we thought would be the 3 or 4 inches they said we'd get, but nope it just kept on coming. By the next morning we had just over a foot of the fluffy white stuff. I had to shovel to get our cars out and we have no snow shovel. So I used a garden shovel, took me a while but I did it. We built a snowman, which didn't turn out very pretty but it was fun to build. We made snow angels and hiked and played in the snow. The field behind our house was absolutely beautiful. Now it's melting away and we're glad. As pretty as it was and as fun as it was I'm ready for spring and summer. The kids are going crazy inside but get too cold outside after about 20 minutes or less. We did get them some hats and gloves/mittens that were on clearance. Otherwise they used our socks on their hands. Now it's time for a bunch of laundry and cleaning the house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment