Sunday, December 6, 2009
Beginning of Holiday Season
Let's see if I can remember all that's been going on. I have discovered that the older I get and the more kids I have the worse my hearing and memory have become. Wait that might be on purpose. No it's not and it drives my family nuts. Anyways...as you can see there are quite a few pictures but I wanted to let y'all see what we've been up to this holiday season.
First my goal is to do a Saling Family Christmas Letter this year and get it out ON TIME...so far hasn't happened but hopefully soon. I find Sundays are my only time to do the blog and probably the letter. So if not later tonight then maybe next week. Please be patient with me. If you see this and you'd like a letter from us please give me your address and I will send y'all one. I love sending them out and receiving them! hint hint
Second...Thanksgiving came and went. I've already posted about this but put a few pics in from that day. Love Thanksgiving. It kicks off the holiday season honestly and helps me remember to be grateful for all I do have. I truly am blessed and need to remember that more often. I tend to get caught up in all that's going on and forget all that I have. I am grateful for family, friends, the gospel and this time of year.
Third...We visited Santa this year. Kamden did wonderfully with him. I think he only got upset one year, maybe. Kinsee Belle on the other hand can't stand Santa. Loves him in movies but has cried every year when it comes time to see him and sit on his lap. It makes me laugh. My usually strong willed, adventurous, dangerous girl...cries to sit on Santa's lap. Maybe next year. Kaileigh didn't mind one bit. Kaitlyn had to sit with Kinsee and Santa plus she tells me she didn't really want one by herself. Kaijsa had me take her to the mall especially for a pic with Santa. I love that. I was always that way. And if I could get away with it now, a mother of 6, I would so sit on his lap. The Santa we have at the Mall is wonderful and patient. We also found out this year he's from Utah! Small world. We had fun posing with Santa and playing at the Mall. It was a great day out getting last minute stocking stuffers and presents for those we love.
Fourth...We put up our trees. Yes you read that right. When Larry and I married we each had a tree and we used to put up both. Then it got to be too much work with all the kids. So now it seems like every other year we put up both trees. We decided this year to make room and put both up. So the downstairs tree is my pretty Sailing/Saling tree. It has red balls, white lights, and all the ornaments are sailing themed. I love it. There are lighthouses, my dainty gold chinese ornaments, and santa in all sorts of sailing attire, boats, etc. Every year I try to find a new Sailing ornament to put on the tree. My mom used to do this for us so I thought now that she can't I would continue the tradition. I love it. The upstairs tree is the Family tree. It has all the ornaments from when Larry and I were kids plus all the ones we buy for the kids each year. Everyone in the family gets an ornament each year and we put it on this tree. The lights are multicolored and can blink or be still. The train goes under this tree. And the presents the kids give each other will go under this tree. The presents Santa gives and the parents give will go under the Sa"i"ling tree. I love tradition and enjoy this one greatly. The kids do too. They love to decorate "their" tree and watch the lights. The enjoy choosing what speed the lights will be and that it has their ornaments on it. Kamden especially enjoys the train. I love Christmas and all the decorations but sure do hate putting them up and packing them back up. The lights were a huge trial to me this year. But all said and done, the house is festive and brightens everyones spirits.
The kids have been good this year. I am so blessed to have the family that I have. My dad and sister do a lot for us and the kids. I'm grateful to have them close by. My kids are amamzing and I love them all so much. We miss Kira but think of her every day and are proud of her and all she's accomplishing in UT. Kam and Kinsee are so cute because when they are playing on their phones they are always calling Kira. Whenever we do anything they always ask if Kira can come. They love and miss her tons. Kai is still the best baby ever. She turned 5 months on Thanksgiving Day and is such a blessing. Her smile and laugh light up the room and spirits around her. She brings such peace to those who hold her. It's amazing. She's amazing. I see so much of my mom in her and I'm glad.
We still have much planned to do but are trying to take moments each day to remember the true spirit of this Holiday Season. Kaitlyn will be heading to UT in a few weeks and we'll miss her but know she will have fun with her family there.
The TX snow didn't last long but was fun while it lasted. It was beautiful while it fell, was fun to play in and try to catch flakes on our tongues, and was pretty to wake up to. You'll have to forgive our attire but since in TX it doesn't snow often and doesn't last long when it does you have to take advantage of it when it happens. The little ones got up with me. The older girls decided to sleep in. I still have child-like excitement when it comes to snowfalls and Christmas. I hope it never goes away and that I can teach my kids to always Believe.
May y'all enjoy this Christmas Season. And as Tiny Tim says, "God bless us, everyone".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Rachel:
I love looking at your blog and seeing all the fun things your family is doing. We often do the 2 tree thing too. Would you mind emailing the pictures of Elder Wood to me along with your mailing address?
Ann Marie
Post a Comment