Sunday, October 18, 2009
Zoo and Haunted House
This week we had a full week of school, cooler weather, the zoo and the Haunted House. Kaitlyn's school supplies came and they are amazing. She is in a really good program. We are excited about her classes and her teacher seems really nice. She actually has quite a bit of work so she is kept busy. We go on walks and do fun things for her PE time which is fun for the little kids too. Kaijsa will hopefully be taking her entrance exams for the Community College either this week or next. They are handling being home quite well. Kai is talking more and more. She even had her first bowl of cereal this week and loves it. She is growing so fast. I wish she could stay little. The cooler weather has been wonderful. The windows are open and the kids are playing outside. We got them some jackets so they wouldn't get cold. We walked around the zoo which was fantastic. The day was cool so the animals actually played and were fun to watch. We love going to the zoo. Afterwords we have to go to the Zoo McDonalds because it's so much fun. They have it decorated so cute and the animals inside even make noises. On Saturday Larry and I got to have a date night! It was wonderful to go out with him and to have fun. Kaijsa was working and had a church dance so Kait offered to watch the little ones. Thank you Kait! Jen, her date Richard, Larry and I all went to dinner and to a Haunted House. The Haunted House was called the Boneyard and it was awesome. I screamed all the time. They had it decorated very interestingly and the workers were great. It was so much fun! I hadn't been to a Haunted House/Forrest since my Rick's College days. Thanks Jen for the fun night out. For dinner we went to Spring Creek Barbeque, one of my favorite places, and got our dinners for FREE! Yep you read that right. I had some coupons for buy one get one free but when we got there the manager let us know my coupons were only good Sun-Thurs. It was of course Sat. So Jen and I were looking at each other like what should we do now? The manager saw us look at each other and was like please don't leave on my account just a minute. So we waited for him to come back thinking he'd give us a small discount. He comes back with 2 coupons for 2 Free dinners each. So my coupon covered Larry and I while Jen's covered her's and Richards. We had dinner, drinks, bread, and desserts all for FREE. I was so excited. It was a fun night and a good week. My job is going well and Larry is feeling better so that is nice. Now to get ready for the holidays. The Air Show is next weekend so we'll have pictures for that. We missed the State Fair this year which completely bums me out. I love the TX State Fair and we really wanted to take Kait and try the fried butter. Maybe next year. Somehow time just gets away from me and things are over before I know it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Rachel - I want to know more about the air show. Sounds like fun!
FREE dinner AND a Haunted house! That sounds like way way fun! Brandon LOVES haunted house--he married the wrong girl because I hate them@ SO glad you guys got to go out!
Gotta love date night!
Post a Comment