Saturday, January 28, 2012

Happy Birthday Kamden Noah!



This week we celebrated Kamden's 6th Birthday! He not only had his birthday this week but he was Student of the Week in his class. He had to do something each day to help his class get to know him better. On Sunday in Primary they sang to him. On Monday he got to open his presents after school, we let him open one before school, and he had to make a poster about himself to take to school. We created the poster that morning since I had forgotten over the weekend and then I made some mini cupcakes for his class too. While eating the cupcakes he went over his poster. Tuesday he got to take his favorite book to school and his teacher read one of his favorite stories from it. Harold and the Purple Crayon was the book he took. There are several stories in it and they read the Fairy Tale one. Thursday he had to take a jar of candy for the kids to guess how many were in there. And Friday he took the photo book that he had to put pictures in and write a journal entry of his week with Brody the class stuffed dog. He took Brody everywhere that week and we took some pictures with him. He had so much fun and we are so proud of him. He's doing well in school and is speaking more clearly since having tubes put in his ears. He's becoming a wonderful young man and full of love for his sisters and brother. I can hardly believe he's 6 years old already and almost done with Kindergarten. He received some fun presents and had a good birthday party with a few of his friends too. As a family we made a Fruit Ninja Cake and for his Party we made Cupcake Ice Cream Cones that I frosted and put together to look like Captain America's sheild. He had a Super Hero Party so that went well. We had Spiderman, Batman, Iron Man and Star Wars all present with Captain America. The kids had fun. I found it amusing that more girls than boys showed up to celebrate with him. I love that. I like the kids in his class and he's made some good friends at church and at school. He loves video games and playing with his sisters. He finds his little brother amusing and loves to make him laugh. He's a good student and is discovering that he has homework that some days he likes to do and other days not so much. LOL get used to it Bubba, life is full of homework and cleaning. He's learning more each day and is a sweet spirit. He doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. He has learned to control his temper a bit more this year which I am grateful for. We love you Kamden Noah! You are a special part of this family!

No comments: