Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas 2011


We had a good Christmas this year. We didn't have the 3 older girls this year but will get them for next year. We were able to do some fun things before Kait left for UT though. We filled up Christmas Break with lots of fun family time. We finished our Christmas shopping fairly early so that was nice. We were able to watch a bunch of Christmas movies, Made some yummy Christmas treats and shared them with friends, decorated a Gingerbread House and Train, made and decorated Christmas cookies, went to the Mesa Temple and looked at Christmas lights, drove around town and looked at a few lights, had a wonderful Christmas dinner and of course read the Christmas Story and Twas the Night Before Christmas. So many fun Holiday traditions! We even started a few new ones this year. We have decided to focus more on the giving than the receiving so to help us with this we picked a name off the Angel Tree. The kids had fun choosing a name and getting the gift(s) for our child. We also made some new treats this year in addition to my mom's delicious fudge and took it to friends. We had a fun Ward Party that had ham so for our dinner we decided to do Shrimp Fetuccini and it was yummy. I love Christmas time and this year was just as fun. We all got some great gifts but had just as much fun making the treats and fun crafts. We had fun picking out gifts for each other and getting them ready. I'm so grateful and blessed for all that we have. I'm grateful Larry has been doing well and was able to participate in all the fun activities. I love my family and look forward to the new year ahead. I may do an end of year post eventually that would be our Christmas letter but haven't decided.

No comments: