Monday, June 13, 2011

Pool Fun


I love summers and time at the pool. Someday I hope to have a pool but maybe not till the kids are older and can for sure swim on their own. Till then we go to the pool either at Papa's house or the city pool. Papa got us a pass to the swim pool in town. It's not amazing but it sure feels amazing when it's 100+ outside and the kids are driving you crazy inside. So off to the pool we go each day to enjoy some fun in the sun and relax. The kids still wear floaties but I'm hoping to get them to have a bit more confidence in themselves and the fact that they could probably swim if they'd try. They have been brave enough to jump off the diving board though and that's a plus. The city pool has a toddler pool that is great for Kai and even Kamden and Kinsee. It gets to 3 feet on one end which is nice for them to practice their swimming skills. It's shallow enough on the other end that Kai can walk around and do her thing too. The big pool has the deep end with the diving board and then the normal end to play and float around in. There is also lap swim time that Jen and I are hoping to be able to enjoy every once in a while. We can take some of our pool toys and become sun worshipers. I have very fond memories of spending my summers at the public pool and I want my kids to have those fun memories too. So far I think we're successful. They love to go. They love to swim and They are enjoying the diving board immensely. Plus it wears them out that they either take naps or sleep in till at least 6am or maybe 6:30am! I love my kids but I sure do wish they'd sleep in a bit longer. I know Jennie wishes that too! Thanks Papa for getting us the pool pass! We LOVE it! Larry's been able to come and relax in the pool too so that's nice as well. I sure do love sitting in the water and Kal is liking it more and more each time we go. Here's to summer fun in the sun with the pool and the fam!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

go to the pool at Papa's house?? did he move there? I LOVE the pool although as I get older the sun seems to be frying my brain;)

Rachel said...

not at Papa's house. He's in TX and we're in AZ. He just got us the pool pass.