Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Birthday Pics of the Little Ones


Jen and I got up early to take the annual summer pictures of the kids. These are their birthday pictures although for some it's a bit later than their birthday. Kam turned 5 in January. Kinsee turned 4 in May. Kai is turning 2 in a couple of days and Kal is 8 months the same day Kai turns 2. But each summer I like to take their individual pictures to put up on our wall. When Kait and Kira come home in July we'll do theirs and update the blog and wall then. Kaijsa is 18 and so her picture will forever be her senior photo that Jen took. We're not sure if she'll show up for a week or two this summer or not for our family photo but we hope so. She is part of the family but she's also in college so we all know how that goes. But here's hoping she comes down for a bit to see her family and take a picture or two or twenty. :) It was early enough this morning that it wasn't too hot yet and the sun wasn't glaring. It was just far enough down in the sky though to make it hard at times for the kids to see so there are those pics of squinty eyes. Overall the kids did great and took turns without fighting or complaining. It was fun to get them ready this morning and spend time taking pics. I look forward to the day that it won't be quite so hard to get them to look at the camera and smile normally but till then some are funny, some are great and then some that are...well...not so great. I love my little ones. It's like having 2 sets of twins because of how close in age they are and how they like to be together. Kam and Kins have to be together all the time. I love that they play with each other and talk and are good friends. They can fight like nothing else but they love each other madly. Kai and Kal are just young enough to not quite realize all they have but are figuring it out. Kai can be pretty tough on Kallen but it's making him strong. I can tell that in time they will be close like Kam and Kins and I can't wait. I love them young but I like it when they are older too. Till then I'm going to keep taking pictures and capture the little moments and time while I can. Thank you Kam, Kinsee Belle, Kai and Kal for being so wonderful. Thank you for making me laugh, scream, cry and laugh some more. Their personalities make me smile, Kai especially. I love my little children. When i take pics of the older ones I'll say the same thing but till that post here's to hugs and squeezes of my babies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hugs and squeezes to those adorable kids!! i LOVE all the pictures and Kaileigh...you can tell she is a sassy little one:)

Melissa said...

It's crazy how big the kiddos are getting! Kinsee and Kamden! Wow! So cute too!