Sunday, March 20, 2011

St Patrick's Day 2011


As you can see from our pictures we had a fun St. Patrick's Day. I worked the night before and woke up to the smell of Kaitlyn cooking green pancakes for breakfast. She did a fantastic job and we all enjoyed the green food. Kait and I even had green milk while the kids stayed safe with strawberry milk. After breakfast I got our lunch ready, corned beef and cabbage, i then made the dough for sugar cookies and put it in the fridge to chill for a while. We exercised and then ran to the store to grab a few items for lunch. Finished putting the cabbage and carrots in the crock-pot for lunch and cut out and baked the cookies. Kait made homemade frosting while I did the cookies. While they cooled we ate our corned beef and cabbage that turned out to be quite delicious. I let the cabbage cook a bit too long because I got busy with the cookies but it still tasted good. Mandy and 2 of her boys came over and we all sat down to decorate the cookies. We had green and yellow frosting to make the shamrocks and our pots of gold. The kids couldn't forget the sprinkles of course. It was so much fun to see them decorate their cookies and eat them. It was a good day. I then had to go back to work while Kait and the kids played games and watched movies. Larry rested that day so he could take Kamden to the Air Show coming up. He did enjoy a good cookie though! I love holidays. My mom always had the house decorated and fun food around. I don't have the house decorations yet but I do love to make the cookies or treats. I want my kids to have the same fun memories that I do of holidays as a child. Plus the cookies turned out so yummy. Their fun St. Patty's T-shirts are due to an Aunt Jennie who loves them. They were so cute in their festive clothes. I love my kids and husband. We missed Kaijsa but said hello to her and Kira that day while they were busy in UT. We hope y'all had a fun St. Patrick's Day! Kait discovered that the day is celebrated due to the first Missionary going to Ireland, of course he ended up dying but you can't have a holiday after you or become a Saint w/out the death, right? Here's to missionary work and many more holidays and years of memory making!

No comments: