Monday, March 7, 2011

New Table and family updates.


We have needed a new dining table for several years now. The table we had was the one I bought when I was living on my own and it had 4 chairs. Once I got married it immediately didn't fit the family since there was Larry and the 3 girls. Since then we've added 4 more children so it definitely didn't fit us all. So I went to Costco and got us a picnic table that seats all of us! It's so nice to be able to sit down together as a family and eat. It may not be the prettiest table but it was affordable and it works.

Kallen is 4 months old now and has his Dr's appt tomorrow. I'll do another update on him after his appt.

Kaileigh is growing and becoming a 2 year old a bit early. She's getting very good at rolling her eyes thanks to the older sisters teaching her how. :) She's funny and has a sweet personality despite being almost 2.

Kinsee Belle is learning and growing fast too. I can't seem to keep her in shoes lately. She loves going to her Joy School and is a good helper with the little ones.

Kamden loves his Preschool program too. His speech has improved some but still has a ways to go I think. I also think that if I can get his ears cleaned out that might help. He's not very cooperative in cleaning out his ears though so that's not happening very quickly. But he's a good boy and changing every day, for the better I think.

Kira seems to be doing well in UT and staying very busy. We hope to see her for a bit this summer but that is becoming harder to do as the girls get older.

Kaitlyn is busy with her school musical, The Wizard of Oz. She's still deciding to either dye her hair dark or be a blonde Dorothy. She was awarded Student of the Month last week and Larry was able to attend the luncheon in her honor. She was excited and Larry said it was a special day. She was given a scholorship for High School to put towards sports or theater or whatever. The teachers and other Leaders went on and on about Kaitlyn and how wonderful she is and that she's had a 4.0 since 3rd grade. Amazing. She's a great daughter and is ready to leave middle school and go on to high school. Slow down Kait, I'm not ready for you to be that old yet. :)

Kaijsa as you've read below in my previous post is struggling. We think she will get to come home from the hospital today and then we'll spend a day or two packing up some of her things to take to UT. She has decided to move away and spend time there. We feel she's running away and not facing the problems and lies she's created but she's almost 18 and an adult. We aren't going to make her stay. She will need to find her own way and we hope she can get the help she needs in UT. She has a long road ahead but one we know with hard work can be successful. We love you Kaijsa and will keep you in our prayers. You can always come back home and we hope you do.

Larry's doing better and is quite the helper. He's struggled with becoming Mr. Mom but is doing a great job with it. I really appreciate his help. Love you Larry Dean!

I'm busy with work still and I still need to find a job for when this one ends. I'm also still trying to figure out the going back to college thing. I really feel that now is the time to go back to school and get my nursing degree. It's just trying to figure out how to do all that and still spend time at home and help support the family. We still have the opportunity to move to MN but have not decided on that either. Obviously we have some major decisions to make and we will keep you updated as they are made. Thank you for prayers and fasts in our behalf. We appreciate them. We love our family and are grateful for all of you.

The weather here has been beautiful and I hope it continues. It's lovely to have the windows and doors open to the fresh air and sunshine. Now to figure out how to keep the flies out and the bees away...

No comments: