I don't have any pictures of Larry's arms but they were definitely gross. He came down with another case of MRSA only this time in both arms. They looked like huge boil things and were spidering up his arm. So off to the hospital we went. They put in a central line for the antibiotic and then flew him by helicopter to another hospital further north. He has since had 3 surgeries on his arms I think and possibly 1 more. They are trying to clean out all the infection in his arms and to save his hands. Right now he can't move them b/c of all the infection in there surrounding the tendons and nerves. He's hurting but being a trooper. They are also thinking of looking at his heart to make sure the MRSA hasn't compartmentalized around it to affect it's rhythm. I sure hope not. Heart surgery would be no bueno. We are hoping he's home in time for baby to arrive but playing it all by ear.
I would like to thank our amazing ward for all their help. We are so grateful. Y'all have been amazing. I'd also like to thank the girls for stepping up and helping so much since I'm not much help at the moment.
I was able to take a night off work to spend with Larry and the kids which was nice but now I'll be working longer hours to make up the time. Oh well...Family first.
We love you Larry Dean and hope you get well soon and can come home. We miss you!
Thanks again everyone for all the service and prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
holy cow Larry! you are busted ;) man I hope you get well soon. sending prayers and love your way! love ya all!!
Post a Comment