Thursday, August 7, 2008

Twilight Series



So....I'm done! YEAH! This series is one of my favorites. I finished the whole series last night. I had read the first 3 previously but decided to read them again to be up to date for the fourth book. I read them all in a week and it was great to be able to read them back to back. Now I can get back to the cleaning, laundry, cooking and child rearing...hehe. Thank you Larry for letting me do nothing but read for the past week. You're a gem. I'm not sure exactly what I love about these books but I do love them. I was thinking that there is a lot in them that you could apply to life and found it interesting. We each have gifts and when this life is over those gifts will still be a part of us. Will the be stronger or different? Will we have more gifts or not? Part of our life is to discover our gifts and make them stronger, to develop more gifts, and to love others. All of these things are important to our happiness. Families can be together forever and what joy that brings to me. Y'all probably think.."Rachel you're nuts" and I most likely am but I love learning things from others and books that I read. I love my little Aha moments even if they aren't aha moments for anyone else. Now I'll get back to being the wife and mother and taking care of the house and family. So much to catch up on!

2 comments:

kimmiekins said...

Rachel,

I love your blogspot-it's fun to be able to see your family and hear about your life. One of these days I will blog. All I have done is titled my space and that's it!

I think I need to let myself get sucked into the Twilight books. So many of my friends LOVE them. Most of them had this 4th book read within 48 hours of it being released! I have not even cracked the first one--I know I will be a WAY absent mother when I do, so I am trying to find a good time (yeah right!) Take Care-Kimberley

Rachel said...

Kimberley! I hope you do set up a blog. I would love to add it to mine and to see how all is going with you and your family! The books are great, you'll enjoy them. Take care and let me know when you get your blog up and running! Hugs...Rach