Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 2 and 3 of UT Trip


Day 2 and 3 in UT was with Larry and his family. We love visiting Grandma and Grandpa Saling. We also love seeing the cousins and on this trip we got to see 2 of our kids! Kaijsa had some time from work and college life and Kira was free as well! Yay! I can't believe I didn't get a picture of all of us. I thought I did and I know I wanted to but didn't. I think I didn't worry about it because I thought we'd all be together for Thanksgiving but that is not to be. Kaijsa has decided not to come home for Thanksgiving. Sad but true. Kira will be here as will everyone from my (Rachel's) side of the family but Kaijsa will not be here. We're sad but realize she is old enough to make her own decisions. We will miss her during our festivities and picture taking. Jen is thinking of going on a mission so this would be the one time we're all together for quite some time and in 4 years. Maybe in another couple of years when Jen comes back she will come and we can all be together. Family pictures aren't complete when children are missing. But...it was good to see her and Kira even if for just a moment. We love them and miss them. We think of them and pray for them daily and it's good to see our prayers are being answered. We arrived on Saturday and Larry looked good. He's taking the pictures so you don't see him in them. But it was good to be with him and his family. The weather was fantastic! Not near as cold as we had feared or planned for, very nice surprise. We had wonderful food, his mom is a great cook, we played some games, which has to happen, and we watched movies. Grandma Saling made the BEST caramel popcorn! It was great to see Teresa, Tim, Taileigh and Tayvan. My kids love their cousins! I love seeing them all together. We didn't make it to the desert like we had hoped but it was nice to relax and just enjoy being together. We went to church with the grandparents and had a nice Sunday together. 2 days of family and strengthening family ties, can't beat that! Love you Saling Family! Hope we can get together again soon!

No comments: