Friday, July 9, 2010

Moving...

A few weeks ago I logged onto work and discovered there had been a big meeting. I discovered that during this meeting the Virtual Team was going to be disbanded. I began to panic, Larry began to panic and the kids wondered what was going on. The next day I spoke with a couple of more managers at work and found out that by the end of Aug I would be without work...BUT...if we wanted they would let me move to AZ and continue working there. After much thought and prayer Larry and I decided that the move might be the best option for us. So on the spur of the moment we took a few days (that I already had requested off) and we took the 3 older girls to AZ to look around and get a feel for the move. We found a nice suburb south of Mesa/Phoenix and found some nice homes there. The drive from this town to my office in Scottsdale is around 30-40 min which we didn't feel was too long/bad. The town that will become our new home is Maricopa. We are about 15 min from Chandler AZ which has the nearest restaurants, shops, costco, city. Maricopa has a walmart and a few fast food restaurants but not much else. We will have a nice home that we will rent to get settled into. There is an elementary school close by, a middle school near by and the high school is close too. There is release time seminary for Kaijsa which is exciting for her. We've discovered there are 7 wards and ours will meet at 1:30 in the afternoon. Which at first I wasn't thrilled about but am now. We are nervous about the move but excited at the same time.

I don't have any pictures of the house we're going to make our home but I will take some as soon as we get out there. The kids are adjusting to the move and even a bit excited about the fresh start. Kaijsa will do her Jr year of High School over again since she didn't get too far into the college program here. Kaitlyn will be in 8th grade and ready to be in choir and plays again. Kamden and Kinsee we are hoping to get into a Pre-K program of some kind. Kai will of course be home and then we'll have Kallin in AZ. Larry will be home to take care of house and kids while I sleep the day away. I will be working 7pm - 5:30am 4 days a aweek with 3 days off. I'm a bit nervous about the hours but still feel that night time is the best shift for us. I will come home and sleep the morning away and then help out in the afternoon before I head off to work. I hope I don't miss too much but will do what is neccessary for the time being. Maybe in a few months or so I can change my shift but we'll see. Heavenly Father has looked out for us so far that I know He'll continue to help us.

Our new address will be 19231 N Miller Way, Maricopa, AZ 85139. We move in on the 19th of July. My dad and sister are going to help us drive out and move. Papa has to turn right back around to be back for work but Jen will stay for a bit. Rachel, a friend of Kaijsa's and the family, will also be making the trip with us. Yay for friends and family. We have had several help us with packing and watching the little ones while we pack. Thank you to those who have helped. We have 1 more week till we load up the truck and head out so here's hoping we can get it all done in time. My training starts the 26th of July so I have just a week to move and get as settled as possible. We've tossed quite a bit but with a family our size we have a lot to take too. I hope we can fit it into the big truck Larry reserved for us.

We will miss TX but look forward to new adventures in AZ. We just might take a bit of TX with us and decorate our home TX style. :) or at least a room of it.

The house has 5 bedrooms and 3 3/4 baths with Master and 3 kids rooms upstairs. There is a game room upstairs and bath. Downstairs are the 2 living areas, bedroom, bath, Kitchen and dining area. It's all open and roomy which is exciting. It's also just under 4000 square feet which will be nice since the house we're in now is around 1300-1400 square feet. :) Please continue to pray for us that all will go well and that our health will be strong. Larry's had some tests done and I'm prego so that makes for not an easy move. We can do it though with Heavenly Father's support and the help of family and friends.

I love my family, friends and Savior! We love TX and will come to love AZ!

No comments: