Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring 2012


I know I haven't posted anything in a while. My life just seems so busy that when I have a day off or a chance to sit down I tend to watch tv and sleep. I hope y'all can forgive me. Plus since I don't ever see any comments I have no idea if anyone even looks at this blog anymore, but on the off chance that someone still checks here are some pictures of the kids. There may be even one or two of Larry and I in them. Me on accident :). After we spent the day at Old Tucson Studios over Spring Break life has gone back to the usual routine of sleep, school, eat, homework, work, eat and sleep. We have been enjoying some absolutely beautiful weather and have been outside quite a bit. Although the last few days have been in the 90's so I've had to turn on the A/C. ugh. Kids have had some allergies and runny noses but otherwise everyone is healthy and doing well. Larry has been feeling a bit better and has been able to spend quite a bit of time with us which is nice. The pictures are of several different events.

The first I think is of Kamden's School/Class Field Trip. They went to Shamrock Farms (the same that make the milk/dairy products). Turns out their Dairy Farm is just outside of town which is why Maricopa enjoys it's lovely perfume. :) I was able to go as a chaperone which was fun for me. I love spending time with Kam and getting to know his friends. There is a play area and lots of cows. It was an interesting tour and a field trip I'd enjoy to do again when Kinsee gets to go.

The second set are of Kam's school carnival. They had a ton of booths to buy things, bounce houses to play in, pony rides, rock wall and reptiles to look at. I volunteered here too for an hour then got to walk around with the family. The kids had fun and would have liked to stay longer but we had other things to do that day. I had the Young Women's Broadcast that night with Kait which was special to me. I'm usually working but was able to get this night off to go with her. I love Mom/daughter or Mom/child time. I need to do one on one time more with each of the kids. It was fun to go with Kait and a friend of hers + mom. Nice to get to know the Eatons a bit more. It was a good time.

The third is fun in the sun time. Larry got Kam a motorcycle for his birthday and now that the weather is perfect they've been out playing on their bikes and on the motorcycle. Kinsee loves it and wants one. Kam enjoys it too but isn't quite as daring as Kinsee Belle. Kai and Kal had fun watching them and wishing they could have a turn too. Maybe when they are a bit bigger. They are getting better at riding bikes but still have training wheels on. I want to take them off but we'll see. We've spent time at the parks that are close by and exercising outside.

I was able to run in a 5K a couple of days ago to support Legacy Charter School. It's not where Kamden goes but a few of the other families in our Ward send their kids there. It's a good school and they were doing a 5K to raise money for kids with Cancer. I ran the entire time and finished which was my goal. Now if I can get a bit more comfortable and pick up the pace a bit. I'll keep trying. I'm looking around for another race. There is one the Saturday before Mother's Day that I'm looking into but not sure. I'm also trying to put together a team for the Relay for Life here in town. If I do then I'll put a link on the blog that y'all can donate to. It goes to helping cancer research and families. Something which is close to our hearts for several reasons.

Life in Maricopa is going well. We've had 2 birthdays so far this year, Kam and Kira, and will now have 2 more in another week, Kaijsa and myself. I'm starting to work on Kait and Kinsee's birthdays next month then Larry and Kai the month after. School ends at the end of May. I'm trying to put together all I need to become a substitute teacher, wow is there a lot to do in order to be one! I will get it done though. I'll put pictures up for Easter once Easter is over. We colored eggs tonight and will attend the Easter Pageant on Wednesday, then Easter pics in our finest on Sunday. Can't believe it's April already. We didn't do anything for April Fool's Day which made Kamden a bit sad. I may have to carry that over for another day or two and think of something.

Come on down and visit while the temps are fantastic! We get to see Kira in June and possibly Kaijsa too. We are looking forward to our time with them. Glad that life has plateaued a bit. Of course there are good days and bad days but that is life. I'm so grateful for General Conference this past weekend. I love that I recorded the sessions so I can listen to them again and again while I work or just to relax. Such wonderful messages from our Prophet and leaders.

So thankful for my sister and her continued support and help. Thankful for our families and all they do for us. We are blessed in many ways. Love y'all.

No comments: